Print this Page
4x4 Posi-Lok Chevrolet/GMC S Series
S-15 Pickup, Blazer, Jimmy
||S-10, S-15 Pickup, Blazer, Jimmy
including ZR2 and Highrider
|Note: With Vacuum Actuator
| 4x4 Posi-Lok
replaces the vacuum actuator with a cable operated actuator that puts the
driver in control of the engagement from inside the cab. After engaging
the transfer case, a one inch pull of the 4x4 Posi-Lok cable connects the
right front axle to the intermediate shaft using the shift collar and fork,
and 4-wheel drive is engaged! Simply reverse the procedure to disengage
- The colder the temperature, the longer it will take to
- If the front differential becomes submerged, the
TLA temperature will cool and the 4-wheel drive will disengage.
- The TLA unit can cause excessive wear on internal components
in the differential and may cause other electrical problems.
- 4x4 Posi-Lok reduces front differential wear and right
- 4x4 Posi-Lok provides 2-wheel drive low range, giving
the vehicle 4-LO torque at the rear axle with bind free steering only
available in 2-HI. This feature is not available with factory systems
and is beneficial when maneuvering trailers.
- 4x4 Posi-Lok will not disengage when ignition is turned
off or the differential is submerged.
- 4x4 Posi-Lok is compatible with manual or electric transfer
cases and installation can be completed in one to two hours with basic
hand tools. No internal differential work is required.
- Heavy-duty cable system to replace
the faulty OE vacuum system
- Discreet dash mounting
- Easy to follow instructions make installation
- Complete wiring system to ensure the
4WD dash indicator light functions properly
4x4 Posi-Lok, www.4x4posi-lok.com
Copyright 2001 4x4 Posi-LokPatent No. 5,605,213