- Relax the throttle - no acceleration or deceleration.
- Shift the transfer case to desired 4x4 mode.
- Press the button and pull the cable into
full engaged position. (Light on-off throttle action will help
align gears for smooth engagement.)
- Release the button.
the transfer case in 4WD Lo range, but do not engage the 4x4 Posi-Lok
system. Warning: Do not apply excessive torque in this mode.
If a differential
gear locker is used in the front axle, the driver can manually
unlock the front axle to make very tight right turns on hard ground,
then re-lock to continue.
- Place transfer case in 2WD mode.
- Press the button, push the cable into full
disengaged position, and release the button. If moving, light
on-off throttle action will help to relax the drive train.
Disengagement may be easier with some models
if the vehicle is stopped and put into reverse for a few inches
while pushing the cable in.