Print this Page
- Relax the throttle - no acceleration or deceleration.
- Shift the transfer case to desired 4x4 mode.
- Press the button and pull the cable into full engaged position.
(Light on-off throttle action will help align gears for smooth engagement.)
- Release the button.
- Place transfer case in 2WD mode.
- Press the button, push the cable into full disengaged position,
and release the button. If moving, light on-off throttle action will help
to relax the drive train. Disengagement may be easier with some models if
the vehicle is stopped and put into reverse for a few inches while pushing
the cable in.
- 2WD Lo-rangePlace
the transfer case in 4WD Lo range, but do not engage the 4x4 Posi-Lok system.
Warning: Do not apply excessive torque in this mode.
- If a differential gear locker is used in the front axle,
the driver can manually unlock the front axle to make very tight right turns
on hard ground, then re-lock to continue.
4x4 Posi-Lok, www.4x4posi-lok.com
Copyright 2001 4x4 Posi-LokPatent No. 5,605,213